wxPython bug

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 08:28:05 EST 2004

Jive <someone at microsoft.com> wrote:
>In wxPython 2.5, run the demo, samples/wxProject/wxProject.py
> [ ... ]
>TypeError: TreeCtrl_GetFirstChild() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

GetFirstChild() changed from taking 2 arguments in wxPython 2.4 to
(the more sensible) 1 in wxPython 2.5. Clearly wxProject hasn't
been thoroughly 2.5ified. (Looking at it, it's not using the wx
namespace, so I'd say it's not been 2.5ified at all.)

>What to do?

(a) Fix your copy of wxProject.py (someone else has already
pointed this out).

(b) File a bug report (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=9863&atid=109863)
with a "wxPython specific" category.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"