pythonwin broke

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Fri Dec 3 13:44:29 EST 2004

Jean Brouwers wrote:
> PPS) It looks like Python 2.4 and Python 2.3 can not co-exist (in
> different folders under Program Files) but we did not investigate that
> any further.

That's not true. I have every version of Python back to 2.0 installed
and all running fine on my system. Obviously you can only have one of
your Python installations first on your PATH (and hence the one that
gets run by simply typing "python"). Also, you can only have one of you
Python installations registered as the default handler for .py files
(and hence the one that gets run by simple double-clicking on a .py file
in explorer or running a Python script without the extension from the
command line).

It is also possible that there is some little installer bug or detail on
  your environment that is causing the problem. You could try
ActivePython. I regularly install and uninstall ActivePython 2.3 and 2.4
installers and both installs are still working fine.

Cheers,
Trent

--
Trent Mick