Help to find a library...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Dec 22 17:30:23 EST 2004

"whamoo" wrote

>> > I'm looking for a library like ncurses, but that can be used also on
>> > windows in a very simple way...
>> >
>> > There is some library that do some like curses?
>>
>> here's one:
>>
>> http://www.effbot.org/zone/console-index.htm
>
> Thanks for this library, but i was looking for a cross-platform library,
> i need it for linux, macosx, and also windows....

sorry, missed the "also".  googling for "python curses windows" (without the
quotes) brings up a couple of hits, including:

    http://flangy.com/dev/python/curses/

might or might not work with the latest python.

on the other hand, you could restrict yourself to using only a subset of curses,
and write some glue code to map the functions in that subset to console calls.
creating custom abstraction layers in Python is embarassingly easy...

</F>