Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Dec 2)

Robin Becker robin at SPAMREMOVEjessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 03:53:16 EST 2004

Cameron Laird wrote:
> QOTW:  "... why does Microsoft try so hard to protect its sources?"
>
>     2.4 is final, buildable under Windows in at least a couple
>     of ways, improved, ...
>         http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001657.html
>
>     asyncore, Twisted, the Python core...--do you understand how
>     they relate to TLS, serial-port usage, GUI-oriented event
>     processing, and so on?
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?th=752ebdb8b57fa3f3
>
>     Ian Bicking and others describe the meaning of "Python 3000".
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=left&th=8f9b6a3959888f2b
>
>     Reading without blocking is possible--with care.
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=left&th=78654cfc06d2fbbe
>
>     Josiah Carlson and Paul McGuire explain decorators.
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?th=5bfb80b43887bc1f
>
>     Nick Coghlan knows sick ways to spell "file".
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9
>
>     Python works in Frontier.
>         http://radio.weblogs.com/0100039/2004/11/30.html#a626

For some reason I can't seem to make use of the google links. When I use
the above eg

http://groups.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9

I get a not found google page with url
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?frame=right&th=e562a771d1c827c9

really wanted to spell file in a sickly manner :)

--
Robin Becker