Optional Static Typing

Ryan Paul segphault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 17:59:07 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:49:35 -0800, bearophileHUGS wrote:

> Adding Optional Static Typing to Python looks like a quite complex
> thing, but useful too:
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=85551

I wrote a blog post this morning in which I briefly argue using DbC and
predicate based argument constraints instead of static typing. Take a look
if you are interested. It also contains a link to a wiki page where I have
been producing a more refined specification complete with good examples:

http://www.cixar.com/segphault/pytype.html

I would appreciate some feedback, I want to know what other python
programmers think about DbC and arg constraints.

-- SegPhault