The winner of the Python Decorator Poll is...

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Aug 12 09:04:44 EDT 2004

Christopher A. Craig wrote:

> Andrew Durdin <adurdin at gmail.com> writes:
>>Since you like the current proposal, why *didn't* you vote for it (it
>>was the first one)?
>
> I didn't vote for it because I sit comfortable in the knowledge that
> Guido will ignore the poll results.

But he won't ignore a consensus proposal, and one step to
forming a consensus is discussing the alternatives and
understanding the ideas of others.  Polls can help us
do that, and can also make the discussion more efficient
and focused if it shows clearly than certain alternatives
are much disliked, as it may reduce discussion of those
alternatives as its proponents realize it is less likely
to win out.  Given the number of people still suggesting
alternatives that have already been suggested and rejected,
it can only help...

-Peter