How big can a Python program be?

Ben Last ben at benlast.com
Tue Aug 17 09:09:44 EDT 2004

Unless I've misremembered, the Python interpreter executes lines as they're
entered, whether read from a file or typed in (with the exception that
blocks of code made up of multiple lines are executed when the last line is
complete), so in theory, one could feed code to Python indefinitely and it'd
just keep going.  If the execution of those lines doesn't continually
require more memory, then arguably one answer is "as long as you have CPU
time to interpret it".

ben