line shift? (baby steps 2)

Artemisio calidusdk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 08:12:30 EDT 2004

I have done a small currency calculator. It works and I'm very glad.
But...I'd like to have a line shift if user types a wrong choice.
Please, look at the code and output example down here:

# -*- coding: ISO-8859-1 -*-
import string

eudk_currency= 7.47
dkeu_currency= 0.13
usdk_currency= 5.93
dkus_currency= 0.16
euus_currency= 1.19
useu_currency= 0.78

currency_choice= raw_input("Please type DK if you want convert to DKK,
EU if you want to convert to €: ")
currency_str= str(currency_choice).upper()

while currency_str != "EUDK" and currency_str != "DKEU" and
currency_str != "USDK" and currency_str != "DKUS"\
and currency_str != "EUUS" and currency_str!= "USEU":
    currency_choice= raw_input("Sorry. At the moment we only support
DKK, Euro and Dollars." + "\n" \
    "Type DKEU if you want convert from DKK to €," + "\n" \
	"EUDK if you want to convert from DKK to €," + "\n" \
	 "DKUS if you want to convert from DKK to $," + "\n" \
	 "USDK if you want to convert from $ to DKK," + "\n"
	"EUUS if you want to convert from € to $," + "\n"\
	"and USEU if you want to convert from $ to €: ")
    currency_str= str(currency_choice).upper()

amount_int= input("Please type the amount you wish to convert: ")

if currency_str == "DKEU":
    result= amount_int* dkeu_currency
    print amount_int, "Danish Crowns correspond to", result, "Euro."

if currency_str == "EUDK":
    result= amount_int* eudk_currency
    print amount_int, "Euro correspond to", result, "Danish Crowns."

if currency_str == "USDK":
	result= amount_int* usdk_currency
	print amount_int, "Dollars correspond to", result, "Danish Crowns."

if currency_str == "DKUS":
	result= amount_int* dkus_currency
	print amount_int, "Danish Crowns correspond to", result, "Dollars."

if currency_str == "EUUS":
	result= amount_int* euus_currency
	print amount_int, "Euro correspond to", result, "Dollars."

if currency_str == "USEU":
	result= amount_int* useu_currency
	print amount_int, "Dollars correspond to", result, "Euro."
#CODE END

OUTPUT:

Please type DK if you want convert to DKK, EU if you want to convert
to €: sdsd
Sorry. At the moment we only support DKK, Euro and Dollars.
Type DKEU if you want convert from DKK to €,
EUDK if you want to convert from DKK to €,
DKUS if you want to convert from DKK to $,
USDK if you want to convert from $ to DKK,
EUUS if you want to convert from € to $,
and USEU if you want to convert from $ to €: usdk
Please type the amount you wish to convert: 99
99 Dollars correspond to 587.07 Danish Crowns.

How do I get a line shift before (and/or) after the "Sorry....At the
moment"), so the output is something like:

Please type DK if you want convert to DKK, EU if you want to convert
to €: sdsd

Sorry. At the moment we only support DKK, Euro and Dollars.
Type DKEU if you want convert from DKK to €,
EUDK if you want to convert from DKK to €,
DKUS if you want to convert from DKK to $,
USDK if you want to convert from $ to DKK,
EUUS if you want to convert from € to $,
and USEU if you want to convert from $ to €: usdk
Please type the amount you wish to convert: 99
99 Dollars correspond to 587.07 Danish Crowns.

OR

Please type DK if you want convert to DKK, EU if you want to convert
to €: sdsd

Sorry. At the moment we only support DKK, Euro and Dollars.

Type DKEU if you want convert from DKK to €,
EUDK if you want to convert from DKK to €,
DKUS if you want to convert from DKK to $,
USDK if you want to convert from $ to DKK,
EUUS if you want to convert from € to $,
and USEU if you want to convert from $ to €: usdk
Please type the amount you wish to convert: 99
99 Dollars correspond to 587.07 Danish Crowns.

???
Thank you for your patience! :-)