Python secure?

Reid Nichol rnichol_rrc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 12:16:15 EDT 2004

Terry Reedy wrote:
>>And what language is Python programmed in... oh yah, C.  Perhaps people
>>shouldn't talk about how poorly secure C and then go off to how secure
>>Python is when Python is written in C.  Houses built on sand...
> As we both said, C is safer in the hands of expert, experienced, careful
> programmers.  People like you claim to be and people like Guido and Tim
> Peters.  They program in C so we have less need to.  And I am grateful for
> that.
>
> Terry J. Reedy

If you read what I wrote you would've found that I recommended learning
with Python and then deciding which programming language suited the
project the best.

If you read what I wrote you would've found that I was defending C in
general terms and *not* in context of a beginner programmer.

And I'll leave the rest of you snide remarks along for I won't lower
myself to such things.