about presicion

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 06:59:41 EDT 2004

Ali <alikakakhel3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So the decimal module is in 2.4 but not 2.3? Also I am not geting the
> 2.4 version because it seems that it is still in alpha.

You _SHOULD_ get the 2.4 alpha, and try it out -- that's why alphas get
released, after all!  How's the final release going to be perfect unless
people DO get and try the alphas?!

But you shouldn't yet use 2.4 for production work (stuff you ship to
customers, etc).

The Decimal module is in the standard library in 2.4, but Decimal itself
can support 2.3 just fine -- just download and install it.

Alex