os.popen problem

Tom B. sbabbitt at commspeed.net
Sun Aug 29 12:52:32 EDT 2004

"Matthew K Jensen" <mattjensen at timetospare.net> wrote in message news:173c23bb.0408282255.2f1be2ee at posting.google.com...
> Ok, this might seem odd as to why I am doing this in this certain way,
> but it's for a very specific purpose, and in so doing needs to be done
> this way. I am writing code on a winbloze box like so:

I have never gotten popen to work correctly in windows, maybe you could try writing a batch file or download The Python for Windows extensions
at http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ and do something like.

from win32com.client import constants
import win32con
import win32com
shell = win32com.client.Dispatch("WScript.Shell")
shell.Run('notepad.exe')
shell.SendKeys('And now for something completely different')

but SendKeys only sends to the window with focus

Tom