zipfile module: problems with filename having non ascii characters

vincent_delft at yahoo.com vincent_delft at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 15:50:44 EDT 2004

I've a simple python script that read a directory and put the files into a
Zip file.

I'm using the os.walk method to get the directory content,
I'm creating ZipInfo objects and set "filename", ... to what os.walk give
me.
And it works!!!!

BUT!!

When I open the created zip file with "WinZip" (or any other zip tool)
filenames are not always like they should be.
In fact filenames with characters like "é","è","ç" are not correctly defined
in the zip file.

Does any one knows what must be done ?
Does this is a "unicode" problem ?
Does this is a known bug in ZipFile module ?
????

Thanks

Vincent