Questions about parsing XML

Kyle Root kyleroot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 09:34:51 EDT 2004

I'm writing a practice program that parses an xml config file, at the
moment I'm using expat.  However I don't like some of it's behaviors.
For example ParseFile() will parse the *entire* file and I don't want to
do that.  I would like to be able to tell it to find such and such a tag
and return the cdata it contains, is this at all possible?  If it is how
would I handle optional tags?

If it's not possible and the entire file does have to be parsed in one
fell swoop, are there any special ways collecting the data into a usable
form?  I tried to put everything into a list, but that's not very
practicle, especially with optional tags.

Thanks,
Kyle