elements of decorator syntax suggestions

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 01:20:44 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter <anthonybaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1298.1091815362.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> This is the biggy, it seems. Current (as of a couple of hours ago)
> discussions on python-dev are discussing other alternatives instead
> of @, that will hopefully make it easier for IPython or Leo to cope
> for now (but note that in the future, some other use for @ might be
> found, so anyone relying on it at the moment might want to think
> about that). One current suggestion is to use the | character, instead.

Aha! These are good news!!
I like the current proposal better than the list syntax (too many parens
and commas) *except* for the "@". The "@" is terrible! But fortunately
we have plenty of alternative punctuation to choose upon: the colon,
the dot, the "|", even the caret, the tilde, etc. All stuff which is
already in current Python. At the moment I like this:

- sincronyzed
- classmethod
def f(cls, *args):
   pass