Alternative decorator syntax decision

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 08:20:07 EDT 2004

Paul McGuire <ptmcg at austin.rr._bogus_.com> wrote:
>The significant alternatives have been listed on the Python wiki at
>http://www.python.org/moin/PythonDecorators .

C2 C2 J2

I'm really not sure what I don't like about the @ syntax. Most of
the time it's the idea that a statement at a given indentation level
affects *just* the next suite, not the rest of the file. Then I look
at the J options (other than J1) which are doing much the same thing
and seem reasonable (if not my first choice), and think maybe it's
the line-noise effect of the "@". But decorators aren't something I
can see myself making much (if any) use of, so I'll live with
whatever they turn out as.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"