age of Python programmers

Bruce Peterson bapeters at terastat.com
Tue Aug 24 19:33:05 EDT 2004

"Lucas Raab" <pythongnome at hotmail.com> wrote:

>One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
>Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
>about....

57  -- I guess I'm on the right side of the curve. I started programming with Fortran 2 back in
high school. I regard programming as a way to make tools to do what I want -- so I've never
regarded myself as a professional programmer. I've written a lot of code because it's been
easier to program a computer to do a task than to train a human.
I ran into Python about 2 years ago when I was looking for an easy way to do data animation.
Python's ability to easily implement complex data structures sold me.