Debunking Art - fraudster with python AI engine?

Chris S. chrisks at NOSPAM.udel.edu
Tue Aug 31 00:33:25 EDT 2004

Nick wrote:

> Naturally, I find it hard to believe he has picked up on natural
> language processing and the other various skills required to write AI
> engines in that time. My guess is he has a python AIML interpreter,
> and he's found a default "brain" somewhere and tweaked it with some of
> his own stuff in order to pass it off as his own.

So what's the problem? You make it sound like he *must* be plagerizing
someone else's work, but PyAIML is for creating just such an interface.
There are even free brains available. Considering the term "AI engine"
has no official meaning, a shell powered by an AIML interpreter could
easily be one of many possible solutions to such a setup.

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]
[ that fails mail your article to <comp-ai at moderators.isc.org>, and ]
[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]