Alternative decorator syntax decision

Fri Aug 20 02:03:12 EDT 2004

"Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1989.1092960560.5135.python-list at python.org...
> I think a web page for tabulating votes would be better (see the
> response to the previous vote on 3 syntaxes).

I couldn't agree more, Tim, but time is short.

Also, there is no protection in the web page from "ballot box stuffing" - I
hate to even bring it up, I think we're all adults here, but with public
postings on Usenet, there is a somewhat higher effort to create fictitious
posts to vote multiple times vs. visiting a poll page multiple times.  But
so far there have been 11 votes in this concensus survey, as opposed to
almost 700 clicks on the Wiki page poll (vs. 94 replies to "how old is
everybody out there?").

I know that many folks are just about wrung out over all of the wrangling
and debate over the various options, but for all the discussion, we never
*decided* anything.  The tenor of the comments on python-dev sounds pretty
much like "c.l.py can't make up their minds, so the hell with them, the
current '@' syntax wins by default,"  which I think *stinks*.

FWIW, here's the tally so far, after 11 :( submissions:
J2 12
Any C 12
Any J 12
C1 9
L 4
Any E 3
C2 2
D1 2
E2 2
Any D 2
C3 1
E1 1
M 1
A1 0
A2 0
B 0
C4 0
D2 0
E3 0
F 0
G 0
H 0
I 0
J1 0
J3 0
J4 0
K 0
Any A 0

BTW, where are all the votes for option "A"?  Where are all the people who
hated it but now like it?

-- Paul

For those of you not familiar with the philosophical story of Buridan's Ass,
see http://www.cenius.net/refer/display.php?ArticleID=buridansass .