win32: internet explorer automation problem

Robert Marchetti rmarchetti at crosscountry-auto.com
Wed Aug 18 16:24:53 EDT 2004

Here is an example script that I use along with PAMIE( Python Automation
Module for IE) -
http:pamie.sourceforge.net for Automating IE.

""" In this script I am using WinGuiAuto by Simon Brunning -
simon at brunningonline.net
This is a way of using WinGuiAuto with Pamie to manipulate pop-ups
"""

import winGuiAuto
import cPAMIE

ie = cPAMIE.PAMIE()
wga = winGuiAuto

ie.Navigate('http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pamie/pamie1_3.zip?use_mirro
r=voxel')
time.sleep(200) # Wait for pop-up
hwnd = wga.findTopWindow(wantedText='File Download') # Find the Dialog text
downloadDialog = wga.findControls(hwnd,'','#32770 (Dialog)')
cancelButton = wga.findControl(hwnd,
                               wantedClass="Button",
                               wantedText="Cancel")
clickButton(cancelButton)