MSI Installer Problem: can't install 2.4a2 on new install of Win2kSP2

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Wed Aug 25 18:51:27 EDT 2004

"drs" wrote:

>"Richard Hanson" <me at privacy.net> wrote in message
>news:vnipi0ldsgchqqiti1q19qtd5d70ju17p0 at 4ax.com...
>
>> Am I overlooking something simple...?
>
>How about SP3, or even 4?

That's a thought. But, as I alluded to in my somewhat lengthy post,
2.4a2 worked with this OEM Win2kSP2 *before* the installation "died"
last Friday.

I have an SP3 CD, so that's doable; I'm on a slightly flaky dialup, so
DL'ing SP4 would be a bit... uh... uncomfortable. :-)

Also, isn't there the general feeling that Win2kSP2 is about as good
as Windows gets (got)? (Aside from the EULA issues; just on the
technical merits?)

Thanks for the idea, though -- much appreciated. I may well try SP3 if
I remain at an impasse.

PS to original post: Further testing shows that the Python command
line (console) is broken, too. Some things sorta work (e.g., "import
sys"); most don't (e.g., "import decimal").

Python-withdrawals-are-painfully y'rs,
Richard

--
email works if unmunged:
sick<PERI0D>ole<P0INT>fart<PIE_DEC0_SYNTAX>newsguy<MARK>com