favorite python web development tool?

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Aug 18 10:33:15 EDT 2004

Am Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:43:22 -0400 schrieb mike:

> hi all -
>

> i'm fairly new to python, coming from a java servlet / velocity template
> background.  i'm looking for a good python web development tool, and
> hope to find some suggestions here.
>
> given my background, webware+cheetah feels comfortingly familiar, and
> i'm leaning toward it.  before i dive in, though, i'm wondering what you
> experienced users think about it, compared to the other tools that are
> out there.  eg, does the python environment have strengths that are
> better exploited with something other than a servlet-like model?

Hi,

I use quixote (without PTL and Form library) and ZODB.

Many don't like it, but I do:

def foo(self, request):
    ret=[]
    ret.append(self.header())
    ret.append('<b>Hello World!</b>')
    ret.append(self.footer())
    return ''.join(ret)

100% Python

with the filter_output hook, every page
is checked with html-tidy during development.

Uncaught exceptions on the production
site get to me by email as soon as they occur.

A nightly unittest checks for errors.

HTH,
 Thomas