Standalone Python Programs...

uri bushey urbushey at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 10 16:56:59 EDT 2004

So per everyone's advice, I decided to make a go of it with py2exe.
Unfortunately I'm getting a traceback instead of an executable.
It states: "WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path
specified:
'C:\\PythonProgram\\dist\\library.zip\\Pmw/*.*'
I did some searching and discovered that I have to use 'bundlepmw.' So I
did this, and then I get an error about one of my libraries instead:

_tkinter.TclError: Can't find package wsurf 1.7

So I added this to dist\tcl, and then I get an error about my next
library, snack. Well, adding all of these libraries is eventually going
to defeat the purpose of freezing the program, isn't it? Wsurf itself is
4 MB!

Is there something else i should be doing?