[Tkinter-discuss] Please help -- Tkinter Scale widget with DoubleVar is acting weird

Jared Cohen Jared.Cohen at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 20 10:04:30 EDT 2004

Thanks to both of you for your help. I already do have mechanisms in
place that prevent the callback from actually doing anything if the
variable has not really been changed. But the problem with that method
(and with both of your suggestions) is that even if the callback doesn't
do anything, it is still getting invoked when it shouldn't be. I was
simply trying to figure out WHY, because I felt that it would be more
elegant to completely stop the callback from getting invoked
incorrectly, than to allow it to be invoked and then have it return
without doing anything. But if that's not feasible, then I'll just have
to do it the other way :-)