How big can a Python program be?

Peter Hickman peter at semantico.com
Tue Aug 17 09:14:59 EDT 2004

vronskij at post.sk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A C program can be hundreds of thousands lines of code big.
> C++ millions.
>
> How about Python?
>
> Suppose , you are a sole programmer (lonewolf). How many lines can one handle?
>
> Thanks,
>

> jan bodnar

Are you suggesting that a solo programmer wrote a multi million line C++
program? If not then what has this to do with 'How many lines can one handle?'

The application I am currently working on has 75,000 lines across some 600
files. But I suspect that the line count is higher when you include the various
libraries. So I am handling 75,000 lines in some sense, is this what you mean?
Or are you talking about the number of lines per file (average 125) or perhaps
lines per method?