dispatch tables in Python 2.4

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 11:34:02 EDT 2004

michele.simionato at gmail.com (Michele Simionato) writes:

> BTW, what's the status of the so called "functional" module? I think
> there was a rumor of such a module scheduled for Python 2.4 or 2.5.
> To play with decorators we really need some standard way to compose
> functions and to do partial application of arguments.

PEP 309 is marked as "Accepted", and an implementation patch exists.
The PEP needs updating, and there are possibly a few more procedural
things to do before the code is checked in. I emailed the author of
the PEP on Friday, asking about this. I think it's mainly lack of
tuits.

The PEP only covers partial application, BTW.

Paul.
-- Arthur C. Clarke