Getting at the bits of a 32-bit integer

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Aug 25 12:54:21 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-25, Jesper Ribbe <pjn at ribbe.se> wrote:

>> The other thing that looks very useful is a module posted a few
>> weeks back that impliments fixed-length numbers.  In addition
>> to manipulating individual bits, one often needs to do
>> operations on binary, two's compliment numbers of known, fixed
>> lengths.
>>

> I'm very interested in this module which implements fixed-length
> integers. Do you perhaps have some reference to it? I tried to google
> for it, but couldn't come up with distinct enough keywords.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=m3pt6qpzan.fsf%40pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk&rnum=10

I think that automatic coercion of regular Python integer
values to fixed "Field" objects would make it simpler to use.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  UH-OH!! I put on
                                  at               "GREAT HEAD-ON TRAIN