Has anyone implemented BASIC in Python?

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at ecritters.biz
Sun Aug 22 22:30:55 EDT 2004

Andrea Griffini wrote:
> I've no idea why you think that an unstructured language would
> be a good starting point.

There's no stack to deal with, and generally less possible expressions
to worry about. You're probably right about doing an expression parser
first, though; I will. Thanks for the advice.

> Anyway I found the idea of a BASIC interpreter in python intriguing,
> so I wrote one this weekend. I wrote it for my egoistic fun, so
> I'm not sure if it would be useful for you (or anyone else).

Whoa, that's your idea of a weekend project? I'm speechless.

I really appreciate the example, and I'll try my best to understand it.
Did you use a parser generator or anything like that, or is it purely
hand-coded?