Arranging a dependency tree

Bryan Olson fakeaddress at nowhere.org
Thu Aug 12 02:22:58 EDT 2004

Heiko Wundram wrote:
 > Basically, dependencies (should) create a tree structure, except when
 > you have circular dependencies. [...]

Non-circular dependencies create a directed acyclic graph (DAG),
not necessarily a tree.

I'm sure Heiko actually knew this, but being the kind of smart-
ass I am, I can't resist the chance to correct him on things he
already knew twice in one day.  Earlier he wrote "large prime"
where he clearly meant "large integer".  I trust he will take
this post in the spirit in which it is intended.

--
--Bryan