Having problems installing wxPython

Patrick Smith omahacountingcrows at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 20:18:18 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm in the middle of trying to install wxPython from the wxPythonSrc-2.5.2.7
source.
While running the makefile I get the following errors.

In file included from include/wx/gsocket.h:172,
                 from include/wx/sckaddr.h:24,
                 from include/wx/socket.h:28,
                 from include/wx/protocol/protocol.h:28,
                 from include/wx/url.h:24,
                 from src/common/fs_inet.cpp:30:
include/wx/msw/gsockmsw.h:81: error: 'SOCKET' is used as a type, but is not
   defined as a type.
include/wx/msw/gsockmsw.h:92: error: field `m_timeout' has incomplete type
make: *** [netdll_fs_inet.o] Error 1

Anyone know how I can fix this and finish install wxPython.
thanks.