Newbie to XML in Python

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Fri Aug 20 10:39:04 EDT 2004

[Jens]
> XML in Python doesn't seem easy or intuitive. All I need to do, is to
> interpret a small piece of XML in which I store data for the contents of
> an autorun menu. What is the quickest/most effective way to do this?

You're probably looking for an "XML data binding" rather than a SAX or DOM
implementation.  I've had good results with XML_Objectify - see
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/02/py-xml.html

Another option, which I've never used, is Anobind -
http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/anobind/

If your XML might not be well formed, Beautiful Soup is a good choice -
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com