Importance of C# (was Re: IronPython-0.6 is now available!)

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Sat Aug 7 13:06:57 EDT 2004

In data 7 Aug 2004 08:57:56 -0700, ziller ha scritto:

> It'll be there for 2.0.  And the implementation is superb (much like
> Eiffel's generics)

I don't want to start a religion war, since I also develop with C# but I
don't see the "superb implementation", and to be honest I think it will
mess up the code more and more because of new keywords, new constructs and
so on. I'm not saying that generics has to be dropped but since you are on
a Python NG I think that your are clever enough to see what the limits of
C# are and why generics are getting all this hype

bye!

--
Lawrence (l dot oluyede at virgilio dot it)
"In IE we trust"