Newbie question about file input

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Aug 18 16:18:36 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-18, Aaron Deskins <ndeskins at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
> Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
>

>> A line without anything but whitespace characters "splits" to an empty
>> list.
>>

> Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that "\n" is whitespace. I'm still a
> programming beginner and learning everyday! Any other whitespace
> characters I should know about?

Usually space, carriage-return, horizontal-tab, vertical-tab,
and form-feed.  You may want to consule the documentation on
the split() string method to find out what it considers white
space.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. are the STEWED
                                  at               PRUNES still in the HAIR