Paul Graham on Python hackers

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Sun Aug 8 13:56:25 EDT 2004

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 03:10:32 +0200, Baalbek <thats at it.com> wrote:
> beliavsky at aol.com wrote:
>> also choosing a community. The programmers you'll be able to hire to
>> work on a Java project won't be as smart as the ones you could get to
>> work on a project written in Python. [2] And the quality of your
>
> I prefer Java and Python alike, I simply love those two languages.....
>
> So, am I smart, or not as smart?

Smarter than the people who proclaim that Java Is The One Language,
probably. Or the people who learned Java by default and never looked beyond
it.

> What a stupid assertion to make; this Paul Graham has just proven
> himself to be an ass.........

Yeah - that article was enjoyable to me, since I loathe Java and it's users.
The only problem I had with it was that his reasoning was bogus ... ;-)

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@      ''If All Men Were Brothers,
\X/                algonet.se>    Would You Let One Marry Your Sister?''