My only complaint about Python

Ames Andreas (MPA/DF) Andreas.Ames at tenovis.com
Fri Aug 20 09:49:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

David Fraser wrote:

> But its actually trying to do more than what he's asking. This patch
> is to *cross*-compile python with mingw, compiling it with mingw
> under windows should be easier.

You're right, it has no native support for mingw/msys (mostly cause of
the lack of a robust autoconf toolchain; at least I don't know of
one).  But it should enable you to crosscompile from cygwin to mingw
with auto* support, so you at least don't need another os/machine or
something.

> There was an email to python-list saying it was possible here:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-June/225967.html

I've missed hat one, thanks.

cheers,

andreas