age of Python programmers

Rod Haper rhaper at houston.rr.com
Wed Aug 18 23:21:14 EDT 2004

Lucas Raab wrote:
> One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
> Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
> about....

Just turned 57 here and still coding strong although I've started to
think of birthdays not in terms of a count up but rather as a count down
towards retirement and freedom.  I started programming back in 1966 on a
Burroughs B5500 using ALGOL 60.  A truly wonderful machine and
programming language - far ahead of their time.  I've always considered
myself lucky to have started with a block structured language like ALGOL
because of the good programming habits it engendered.  I've worked with
a lot of machines, languages, code and applications since those heady
young days but for shear productivity nothing beats Python ... and
besides it's just plain fun to use.  I've been using Python for over
eight years now.

--
Rod