Going the PL/1 way

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Sat Aug 7 17:19:05 EDT 2004

Hans Nowak <hans at zephyrfalcon.org> pisze:

>> You want to say "if you want any improvement, do it yourself"? Sure,
>> it's much better than Java's JCP, but expect
>> http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/F/fork.html if enough people will share
>> the same annoyance and anger.
>
> I may hem and haw whenever a new feature is added that I consider redundant (as
> everybody reading my weblog knows well :-), but I would never support a fork.

It is first time I felt it's "we and them" world, divided into "Python
developers" and "Python users". They want features. We want stability
and performance.

I would rather use Ruby, than support a Python's fork. Moreover, I don't
think the fork would ever happen.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/