music resources

John Crichton crichton314 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 17 05:23:12 EDT 2004

"Elaine Jackson" <elainejackson7355 at home.com> wrote in message news:<CObUc.124363$J06.99175 at pd7tw2no>...
> Is there such a thing as an executable language for music? If not, why not? And
> if yes, where can I find it? Naturally the ideal thing would be if such a
> language were implemented within python, but I would be willing to learn a
> lesser programming language if I had a reasonable assurance that it had what I'm
> looking for. I have, of course, googled for a solution, and I may have even
> found it, but if so I didn't recognize it as such. Any pointers will be mucho
> appreciado.
>
> Peace

"I hope these links are of some use, Elaine:

PMIDI: Python MIDI library for Windows
http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=PMIDI&version=1.0

pySonic: FMOD for Python (pySonic is a Python wrapper around the high
performance, cross platform FMOD sound library. You get all the
benefits of the FMOD library, but in a Pythonic, object oriented
package)
http://www.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=pySonic&version=0.3

You could also have a look at Java music projects (and access them
through Jython)
http://www.softsynth.com/links/java_music.html

Best wishes,

John"