py2exe and os.popen

1stpoint 1stpoint at zmailbox.net
Mon Aug 2 15:01:15 EDT 2004

After several attempts at solving this problem I thought I would ask the
gurus.

I wrote a python/wxPython application that calls os.popen to get
information from another executable.  Basically this is a cute GUI app to
front end a commercial product.

The app works fine when I run it as a .py or .pyw application.  But after
I build it to a .exe with py2exe and run it, it does not work.  I put a
print statement after the 1st os.popen call:
        for line in os.popen(c,'rb').readlines():
	     self.components.Project.items+=[line.rstrip()]
	print 'items=',self.components.Project.item

Is this due to a stdin issue with win32?