100 % portable ?

David M. Cooke cookedm+news at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Aug 23 17:53:34 EDT 2004

At some point, Vent d'Est - East Wind <po-yung.liu at pandora.be> wrote:

>>     http://dotamatic.sf.net
>>     http://bitpim.org
>> Both are open source so you can see for yourself.  Both use the
>> clipboard, do printing, have online help, are distributed so
>> that the user doesn't need Python on their machine already etc.
>> Roger
>
> i see your website , but i see for mac os x you using cocoa interfacing
> i don't understand isnt WXpython from WXwindow and have in all system
> same apparence ?
>
> same for linux i see a like kde 2 interfacing using
>
> seems each you use each interface of each system
> (and not just one for every system)
>
> is that only using wxpython or add some other graphic toolkit port and
> using cocoa , kde interface ?

I think you've missed the point of wxWidgets/wxPython: it uses native
widgets on each platform. On OS X, it uses Aqua widgets; on Linux, QT
or GTK, on Windows, native Windows widgets.

So, you're not going to get the same appearence on different
platforms (which is a good thing; I don't want to use something that
looks like Windows on a Mac).