Killing children

Stefan Eischet stefan at eischet.com
Sat Aug 7 07:14:31 EDT 2004

On 06.08.2004, at 22:03, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Stefan> I sometimes use os.system with pskill from
>     Stefan> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pskill.shtml -
>     Stefan> this should do what you want.
>
> I don't see that it really saves me much over using the cygwin kill
> command.

Right. The program I use this in doesn't run on cygwin but on "normal"
win32, so I have no kill command there.

Another poster mentioned the possible difference between handles and
pids, which I didn't notice in my case. I only feed the number returned
from the spawn call into pskill, which just does the right thing.

   Stefan

// stefan at eischet.com //