I would really like the code for a dome in vpython

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Wed Aug 18 19:39:48 EDT 2004

On 18 Aug 2004 14:49:54 -0700, alikakakhel3 at hotmail.com (Ali) wrote:

>Please anyone I would really like the code for makinga dome in
>vpython. I would like to be able to adjust he color, axis, radius, and
>pos.

You will lucky to find something readymade for VPython.

This looks like it would be helpful for finding dome corrdinates,
which you can then use to plug-in to VPython:

http://www.applied-synergetics.com/ashp/html/domes.html

And Kirby is probably an excellent source of information in the area
of the intersection of domes/Python/VPython. He knows a good deal
about each of these things.

I don't know whether he monitors this list.  You might try posting to
edu-sig at python.org which I know he monitors, to see if he has
something to suggest.

I might have some other suggestions if a understood what you were
trying to accomplish, and why.

Art