J2 0-2-6 is available

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 24 21:13:21 EDT 2004

   I'd like to dissent on "using". To me, this code does not read well.

using:
    classmethod
def foo(cls):
    pass

   foo *is* a class method, it is not *using* a class method. In C#, "using"
has too meanings: the first is to import a library and the second is to
acquire a resource which will be automatically released. Both of these are
seem reasonable as some thing (the object of the using clause) is being
used.

   "classmethod" is implemented as a transform that is applied to foo but
implementation is the wrong thing to emphasise here: it is the intention
that should be emphasised. The intention here is for foo to be a class
method.

   Neil