Python future performance and speed

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 25 09:45:55 EDT 2004

Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>>The last time I checked, Java and C++ (even C) were widely
>>considered to be high level languages.
> The fact many people hold an erroneous belief, does not make said
> belief any less erroneous.

Though if you are the only one who holds the "correct" belief,
and everyone else has the erroneous belief, it should suggest
a possible direction for you to look in resolving the conflict. ;-)

>>Has someone been raising the bar while I wasn't looking?
> The developers of all the truly high-level languages ?
>
> There was a time when assembler was high-level.

For those of us who still use assember from time to time,
C is definitely still a high level language...

-Peter