SQL Qeries via XMLRPC

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Wed Aug 11 17:31:41 EDT 2004

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> it's fairly easy to plug in your own transports (just subclass
> Transport, override as necessary, and pass an instance of your custom
> transport
> to the ServerProxy class).

I did actually try for two weeks.  In my case I wanted both the
persistent connections, and also to work over HTTPS (I had
to use m2crypto for the SSL not the stuff builtin to Python
in order to deal with certificate issues).

I had to give up in the end.  The thread on "useless destructors"
was particularly appropriate as a lot of the code was manually
closing things and most of the work was to try and circumvent
that.  I ended up just using SSH (paramiko) which took me about
two hours :-)

Someone as illustrious as yourself may be able to fix it,
but I do believe it will be harder than it initially appears :-)

Roger