Python indentation deters newbies?

Thomas Bartkus ThomasBartkus at Comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 15:35:52 EDT 2004

<beliavsky at aol.com> wrote in message
news:3064b51d.0408130615.3fc4a760 at posting.google.com...

<snip>
    > One of the most commmon reasons programmers cite for not trying Python
    > is that indentation determines the program flow -- they think its
    > weird.

    > I wonder if there is a way to remove this initial barrier.

Why?  Do we you really want to let just *anyone* in :-)

When I explain this about Python and I start hearing that flak, I simply
agree and suggest that Python is not for you.

Some people should be *forbidden* to move outside of java or VB :-)
Thomas Bartkus