importing node into document

Ivan Herman ivan at ivan-herman.net
Sun Aug 15 07:28:22 EDT 2004

In terms of XML two documents represent two different 'worlds'; a Node
also includes a reference to its own document, ie, you cannot easily
mix/merge etc, nodes in different namespaces. This reference is read
only. (As I already answered in one of your other messages, you should
really consider looking at the original DOM specification. That clearly
flags the 'ownderDocument' as 'readonly'!).

What you have to do is (recursively) create a new node in your target
document with the name of the original, then copy the attributes and
(recursively) the children.

Ivan