Python secure?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 16 23:19:16 EDT 2004

Reid Nichol wrote:

> And because some M$ employee did something sloppy it is an implication
> that C is bad.  Hell, even strncpy can be dangerous.  How many times do
> I have to say the responsibility is the programmers, *not* the language.

The *responsibility* is clearly the programmer's, but the *language*
tends to encourage or discourage certain kinds of programmer behaviour,
including the writing of secure code.

Surely you wouldn't argue that all languages promote different
kinds of coding equally well, or even that the choice of language
has *no impact whatsoever* on how a programmer will code, or what
kinds of solutions he will attempt to use in his code?

-Peter