PyQt - clear widget for redraw

Peter nospamjynyl at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Aug 1 15:02:31 EDT 2004

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>> Thanks, that works fine.
>> I just started using pyqt yesterday, and having trouble finding a
>> reference - most Qt stuff is written for c++.
> The neat thing on pyqt is that usually you can directly translate c++
> examples to python. So there is no need to have a separate documentation
> and other resources. The erase I looked up in the qt standard
> documentation.

Thanks
(and thanks to Jim for his response, too)

What I'm drawing is a series of lines (like a horizontal bar chart) and it
is updated several times a second.  The problem is that it goes too fast.
I tried the time.sleep() function, but then it doesn't draw properly.  It
seems to draw only part of the chart each time, and flickers.

Is there some way to make the display smoother?

TIA

Peter