100 % portable ?

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Aug 24 09:33:44 EDT 2004

In article <m36579rfq0.fsf at g2ctech.com>, Jorge Godoy  <godoy at ieee.org> wrote:
>Sion Arrowsmith <siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>>  I've got about 20,000 lines of
>> application with six platform tests, five of which are to
>> work around platform-specific infelicities in wx.
>This sounds very interesting.
>
>Do any of you have those tests and workarounds publicly available?

The tests are just a matter of checking sys.platform at the
appropriate point -- since the target platforms ATM are only
Windows and Linux a simple == "win32" or != "win32" depending
on which requires special treatment (usually Linux/GTK) does
the job.

I really should stick at least some of this stuff on the wiki
(http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/wxPython_20Platform_20Inconsistencies)
-- for that matter, I should refine and bug-report the ones I
haven't already.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"