Need help on how to use Pymedia!

Dmitry Borisov jbors at mail.ru
Thu Aug 5 12:52:29 EDT 2004

> Thank you for your help!
>
> "Lawrence Oluyede" <raims at dot.com> wrote in message
> news:3x8w4pqd3emo.15wp1jkrwkqua.dlg at 40tude.net...
> > In data Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:28:48 GMT, CptPicard ha scritto:
> >
> > > Could someone give me a more detailed documentation on pymedia or some
> clues
> > > on how to get the information I need ?
> >
> > AFAIK Pymedia cannot extract ID3 infos from MP3 (altough you can study by
> > yourself the ID3 format a inspect the raw info of the file), anyway the
> web
> > is full of ID3 tools for python such as:
> > http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

It will make sure you get the quick response.

The documentation is a little scarce at the moment and I'm working on the tutorial to compensate that.

Here is the code which will give you what you need( from pycar ). It is modified to match what you need and therefore not tested.:

    f= open( <file_name>, 'rb' )
    dec= acodec.Decoder( <file_extension> )
    s= f.read( 20000 )
    fr= dec.decode( s )
    # Hardcoding for mp3 IDv1 tags
    if not dec.hasHeader() and <file_extension>== 'mp3':
      f.seek( -128, 2 )
      dec= acodec.Decoder( 'mp3' )
      dec.decode( f.read( 128 ) )

    print dec.getInfo()